Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Angela Lansbury






Angela Lansbury was born in London, England in 1925. Her family later moved to New York, and then Los Angeles where she started her film career. Did you know that Angela was nominated for an academy award for her very first film role in "Gaslight" in 1944? She was only 18 years old! I guess she chose the right profession. One of my favourite films of hers is "Samson and Delilah", she's so gorgeous, and in my opinion she steals the show from Hedy Lamarr. I think when you mention Angela Lansbury, a lot of people just think of her in the 1980's TV show "Murder She Wrote". So I posted a bunch of photos of her earlier in her career, most of them from the 1940's, and absolutely stunning.

1 comment:

vintage_kitten said...

I love angela.She has such captivating eyes.almost my betty davis.