Friday, October 28, 2011

1930's Fashion on Film - China Seas







I've been on a bit of a Jean Harlow kick lately! Anyhow, I thought I'd watch China Seas, as I hadn't seen it in awhile. Wow! I'd forgotten how stunning her wardrobe is in this film! I think this movie actually has some of the most gorgeous 1930's dresses and suits I've ever seen her in! It was no surprise when I looked up the costume designer for the film and saw that it was Adrian! No wonder! I posted photos of all the outfits I could find, but there were still more I couldn't find pics of. My favorite outfit is the fully striped dress with matching hat, pictured on the 2nd to last photo. I just wish I knew what colors it was! Did you know Jean Harlow wore a wig for this film, because her hair was so damaged from bleaching? All I have to say about that is, that's one gorgeous wig!

1 comment:

vintage_kitten said...

I love Jean.I would do anything to have her gorgeous blonde hair.It's amazing she wore a wig.can't eve tell.When I hear the word glamour I think jean harlow straight away.great post.xx