Sunday, February 12, 2012

Vintage Wave Iron


I love styling my hair in pincurls or fingerwaves. I've practiced doing them long enough that I finally have decent results. However, when I found this vintage waving iron I couldn't resist! I believe it's from the 1920's or 1930's. Considering it takes me well over an hour to set my hair in pincurls (I'm accurate but not fast!) this iron looks like it would be a breeze! I read that these used to be heated up over a fire, but I may try it with just setting lotion at first. This way I can avoid any rookie mistakes, like burning my hair. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

vintage_kitten said...

Love it.you should try it.Just start with light heat till your used to it.I have a 50's curling iron that plugs in.It still works but I am afraid I will catch the wall on fire if it shorts out.lol.

Walking In May said...

Oooo...very brave! I love the marcel wave and usually set it overnight with some bobby pins :) Lovely blog!
May x
walkinginmay.blogspot.com