Sunday, December 09, 2007

Vintage Dress Oops

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has accidentally ruined/ripped or destroyed a beautiful vintage clothing piece! I was actually doing pretty good for awhile. There had been a period about a year ago, where a few of my items had been damaged accidentally. Usually I am extremely careful, but what can you do if you touch the lace on a 1940's dress and it disintegrates before your eyes! Then I go to try on my beautiful bias cut satin slip, and what do I hear? Tearing! No! I just bought it! I hadn't even worn it yet. It's only a tiny rip in the back, but still!! I guess sometimes theres nothing you can do. Of course I will try to replace these items as best I can, after all its a good excuse for more shopping!

6 comments:

WendyB said...

Talk to Kate Moss! Vintage Dior + clumsy Courtney Love = mess!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I've definitely ripped vintage dresses--usually small rips in the lining (my shoes/hair/me/jewelry gets caught). I once was buying a dress from an eBayer when her nephew took to it with scissors. Accidents happen.

Unknown said...

haha I was going to mention Kate Moss. She had a terrible night with a gorgeous 30s silk dress...

Vintage Bunny said...

I bet you cried !!!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

aww i'm sorry to hear that, but these things happen...

Debra said...

oh no!!

I wore a beautiful vintage wedding dress one year for a Halloween Party. Someone stepped on the back and ripped it. It's been stuffed in a box ever since.